Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Armenian Imperial Stout and Oatmeal Coffee Stout - Tasting

So it's been over 4 weeks since I bottled the Imperial Stout and to celebrate I cracked a bottle open. Oh man. So good. The hops have really mellowed and that roasty/toasty flavor from the grains comes through nicely. It's so good at this point that I'm having a hard time imagining how it could get any better.

As for the Oatmeal Coffee Stout, it's been in the bottle for just over a week, so it's carbonated but barely aged at all. I gave that a try as well and it's still pretty raw (hops are very strong), but I am happy to report that you can definitely taste the coffee. Assuming this ages as well as the Imperial Stout, I'm going to have one very tasty beer in another 3 weeks or so.

My next two beers will be a Scotch Ale and a Light Ale, both kits ordered from www.morebeer.com.

No comments: